I did a lot of searching for a solution to this problem. Any programs that I would run with Wine had horrible sound. It was almost like an underrun or something like that. I unfortunately don't have output from the terminal, but thankfully I do have a solution, as posted on Wine's wiki. Just to be clear, the sound I was getting was kind of scratchy, like a "farting" noise. I would get the same scratchy sound when using winecfg's "test sound" button, and it didn't matter what options I chose. So, here's the fix!
1. Edit your /etc/pulse/daemon.conf
2. Scroll down to the line that reads "default-fragment-size-msec = 10"
3. Change the 10 to a 5 and save.
4. Restart pulseaudio or reboot. Maybe. I called "sudo /etc/init.d/pulseaudio restart" but got no output, so this might not be required.
5. Post a comment if this worked for you!