I've gone ahead and created a few new content types, as well as views to display them. The first is a +1 content type, which is supported by a bookmarklet that I can use to post links and snippets of interesting stories and sites that I come across on the net. The second type, which I am about to create, is called "A to B". I suppose I could put these under articles or my blog, but I often enough find myself doing random browsing and ending up in interesting places that I believe the posts will deserve a heading all their own.
I'm trying out Stylish plugin for Firefox, and I decided to see how it works.
I downloaded Digital Universe, having read that it's pretty spectacular. Unfortunately, I can't get it to do anything. Not even a useful error.
I finally got access to Google Drive! I don't have any of the desktop apps because I use Linux, but it's a start. I am going to try to use it with my blog, as a way to serve images quicker than I can from my server.
 It didn't work. I had a broken image embed for a while, but it looked bad. It's gone now, but I'll try to make it work again later. If you've had success serving images from Google Drive to your blog, let me know how you did it in the comments below.
I scrapped my old install of Drupal because I wanted to start over. I've saved my images from the previous install, so I'll get those up soon. Here's a pic of my old logos and banners. It looks a little messy because I don't have the proper resize rules set yet. I'll work on that soon. You can still see the full images if you go through their full-size versions by clicking on the magnifying glass and then using the left and right arrows.